12.05.2026 Diary

 

Time: 06:51

After exhausting myself yesterday and then going to bed late at night, it was only natural that I couldn’t wake up early this morning. My workday, which had started in the early hours of the morning, ended around one o’clock at night, and from sheer exhaustion I felt like I had practically transformed into another being. Since I wasn’t home yesterday, I couldn’t write in my journal, but so many unbelievable things piled up that I don’t even know where to begin.

When I woke up this morning, I didn’t feel like dancing at all. Besides, I had a laser hair removal appointment at noon, so I wasn’t planning to dance anyway. After drinking coffee, I started to feel a little more alive. What was supposed to be a thirty-minute dance session ended up becoming sixty-five minutes with sixty squats. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t congratulate myself afterward. Apparently, I also walked around fifteen thousand steps during the day. I’m thinking of keeping up the same performance today as well. I don’t think I’d be exaggerating if I said I can’t get enough of dancing lately. Especially after finding one particular video — I honestly lost count of how many times I replayed it and danced along back to back. But I can definitely say it has been good for me.

I absolutely loved the laser hair removal machine at the place I went to. It blows cold air and there’s no gel involved. I used to hate when they applied gel, so thankfully the procedure was completed without any of that. The staff were extremely respectful, and the environment was spotless. The girl performing the procedure was incredibly quick too. Before I even realized it, everything was done. I’ve already recommended the place to people around me.

Yesterday, I returned my old books to the library and borrowed new ones. I no longer buy books with money anymore. Back in the day, I spent ridiculous amounts on books, but people’s tastes and preferences change over time, and after a while you can grow tired of the books you once loved or even the ones you bought intending to read someday. That’s why the library feels like the best option now. I’m also thinking of reading the books waiting at home during vacation and then donating them to the library. Finding space for them and storing them has become a burden in itself. Even though I once sold over three hundred books while moving and turned them into money, I no longer feel like carrying such a load again. Aside from a few books I truly love, the rest will eventually find a new home at the library. Still, I think I should slowly get back into reading during the holiday. I used to enjoy romance-themed books much more in the past, but now almost all of them feel repetitive. There are still a few I enjoy here and there, but overall I feel they are mostly a waste of time. Of course, they can be good for clearing your mind, but too much exposure to them probably isn’t healthy either.

After the library, I went shopping downtown. There’s barely anything worthwhile out there anymore, yet everything costs a fortune. Even a simple comforter pin costs an absurd amount now. Things have truly gotten out of control. May God help us all. This situation can’t continue forever, but unfortunately there’s not much we can do about it right now.

My dear sister-in-law is apparently starting work today. Yet she didn’t even bother mentioning it to us on Sunday. Probably because she didn’t want to embarrass herself in case she couldn’t handle it and quit. But honestly, we already know she won’t stick with it, so she can relax. Her real issue is constantly competing with her husband, trying to provoke him, belittling the money he earns, and trying to prove that she can supposedly do better herself — even though, just like all the other attempts she has made over the years, this will most likely end the same way. In fact, if she simply didn’t feel like it today, she might not have even gone to work at all. We know her nature well enough that these little performances don’t fool us anymore. They don’t fool her husband either.

That’s why instead of putting on these dramatic acts, if she truly wants to work, she should simply work. There’s no need to constantly create unnecessary drama. We also know about the fights she has with her husband, how she makes his life miserable, how she constantly makes him feel worthless just to justify herself. There are so many things she has done that no matter which one I talk about, the others still remain untold. We even know that she once borrowed money from a friend by claiming her husband had no money and couldn’t pay off his credit card — only to spend that borrowed money on shopping instead. So honestly, nothing she says can convince us anymore.

She found a husband who treats her like an angel, and she takes full advantage of it. If she had ended up with a harsh and controlling man instead, I wonder whether she would still be acting this way, constantly raising her voice whenever she pleases, spending money however she wants, and making her husband’s life unbearable.

I always say this, and I even tell my own husband the same thing: the real mistake lies with her husband. If you constantly give in to every demand and somehow keep finding money for everything, then you don’t really have the right to complain about where things ended up. But people are difficult to understand sometimes. Supposedly, it’s because he doesn’t want to hurt anyone. Personally, I don’t think that has anything to do with it. He may be an incredibly patient man, but even a stone would have cracked by now. And soon schools will close, all three children will be home, and since taking care of them feels overwhelming to her, she’ll probably prefer going to work instead — as if we can’t see that already.

What she forgets, however, is that workplaces actually expect people to work. If someone gave her the impression that money can be earned while sitting comfortably doing nothing, then she received the wrong information. That kind of world simply doesn’t exist. I only wish she would use a little common sense and stop treating her husband like an enemy. His arm has been swollen for over a week, and doctors still haven’t been able to provide a proper diagnosis. Yet she doesn’t seem to care at all. All she thinks about is money and shopping. But even a mill needs water to keep turning. And for that, she should value and take good care of her husband instead of constantly wearing him down.