21.08.2026 Diary

 

Time: 12:32

I must have been incredibly tired yesterday. Let’s just say that the workday that started early in the morning barely came to an end until I went to bed. Sweeping the house, doing the laundry, washing the dishes, cooking… And in the middle of all that chaos, I still didn’t neglect sitting down to write, exercising, and reading a book. I would like to congratulate myself separately for managing to squeeze all those things into such a busy day. But by the time I thought about writing in my journal, my bedtime had already arrived. With my mind so full, I simply didn’t have the time or energy to write.

I won’t be able to write at length today either.

I’m waiting for the noon call to prayer. After praying, I’ll go to the doctor. I need to get my prescription renewed, stop by the library, and get my injection. Afterwards, I also need to attend a rehearsal with one of my choirs, which I have neglected for quite some time.

If I have enough time, I actually have another plan in mind. I want to spend some time writing at a café. I had made a plan to dedicate one day a month to writing in a café, and this is one of those activities I’ve been adding to my monthly goals for months but somehow never managing to do. This time, I’m determined to make it happen.

I exercised again this morning, as always. But for the past few days, I’ve been feeling unusually exhausted while exercising. I think it must have something to do with the extreme heat. When you don’t even feel like getting up from the sofa, somehow I find myself doing a full hour of exercise. Still, no matter what, I have no intention of giving up.

Last night, I also registered for some courses offered by the municipality. I think the workshops will begin in October. There is even a creative writing course among them. The moment I saw that course, you could say I immediately signed up. I absolutely love creative writing courses. If the instructor has a good way of explaining things and a warm, encouraging approach, I think it will be even more enjoyable. We’ll wait and see.

Last night, I was also thinking that perhaps I should invite my husband out for tea after the choir rehearsal. Maybe we could go somewhere and have a cup of tea together. It might be nice. We haven’t really gone out together for a long time. The last time we went out was for a wedding, when we sat in a tea garden with my mother and father.

Perhaps it would be lovely to get some fresh air and spend a little time outside, just the two of us.

My son has his Open Education Faculty exams tomorrow, so he wouldn’t be able to come anyway. Besides, even if we invited him, he doesn’t really come with us anymore.

I’m thinking of going to the market tomorrow morning. I haven’t been for quite some time. Maybe I’ll buy some eggplants, too. I want to make karnıyarık and prepare some for the winter for the family.

Oh, there was a time when I would practically spend the night somewhere just to get my hands on eggplants and tomatoes. And now I can’t even eat them.

How times change. You never really know what life is going to bring.

And just like that, I found myself thinking of my late grandmother.

My girl! When you’re young, eat, drink, and travel. When you get to be like us, you won’t be able to do anything.

She was so right.

So, I suppose I should at least make good on the “travel” part while I still can.

Wish me happy travels!