26.08.2026 Diary

 

Wednesday, 8:05 AM

I’ve decided to go back to keeping my diaries in a notebook and then typing them up on the computer afterward. When I write certain things on the computer, I feel like I have to censor myself, and I really don’t like that. Besides, there is something priceless about the beauty of writing in a notebook. And after all, what am I going to do with all those notebooks and planners I’ve bought, right?

Yesterday, I bought even more notebooks from BİM and A101. Oh God, what am I going to do about my obsession with notebooks and planners? I also bought lots of glittery and non-glittery gel pens, as well as highlighters for marking important things. I put some of the pens away because they were backups.

I really need to make a proper shelf for my notebooks. It would be wonderful if I could find a nice shelf that would fit on my desk. I’ll look online. My husband is going to work in a little while, and I’ll head out to the markets after he leaves. I also need to check Şok Market. If they have any nice hardcover notebooks, I’ll buy some. If I find good ones, I’ll return the ones I bought from A101. They seemed rather expensive to me. I can buy two from Şok instead.

Starting today, I’ve decided to keep a reading journal. I’m going to have two notebooks. One will contain the books I read during the current year, while the other will be about all the books I’ve ever read.

I also want to have a notebook for the movies and TV series I watch, although I haven’t quite figured out its format yet. I think I’ll need to write down things such as the actors, the year the movie was produced, and the number of episodes in a series, so that I can distinguish between works with the same title.

The only downside to expressing myself through writing is that my arm starts to hurt. I’ve broken my arm and wrist so many times over the years that I can’t even remember how many times it happened. I already have sensitivity to hot and cold. Still, I feel freer when I write by hand. It’s as if I weigh my words more carefully when I’m writing on the computer. Maybe it’s because I publish what I write on the internet; I don’t know. Either way, I think I’ll continue writing in my notebooks. I can always cut out the parts that need to be censored later.

Today, I’m going to devote myself to writing. I also need to take another look at these stories. Apparently, a new creative writing workshop is going to open, and I’ve signed up. Hopefully, if the workshop takes place, I’ll be able to write some new and beautiful stories.

I also remembered a project I had planned some time ago but completely forgot about. For this project, I’m going to write down the dialogues I hear throughout the day. That way, I can use these conversations in my future books and won’t have to struggle to come up with dialogue from scratch. After all, writing dialogue is difficult work, to say the least. I’ll also gain more experience in incorporating natural conversations into my writing.

I’m also going to start writing down my six-minute exercises every day. I learned this exercise in a creative writing course. You choose a word for the day and write whatever comes to mind within six minutes. It doesn’t have to make sense. You write without thinking and without lifting the pen from the page. In this way, you exercise your brain while also improving your writing skills. I tried it a few times before and then stopped, but there’s no denying that some wonderfully entertaining things can come out of it.

Actually, I have so much more to write about, but I woke up so many times again last night that I got up late this morning. So, let me finish my morning chores first. I’ll write again later.

Comments